Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Count Your Rainbows (RS19)


Hey there crafty peeps. How are you doing today? I hope you are doing well..... My last few days have been full of ups and downs. This card seemed appropriate and it was fun to actually play a current challenge. :) This is for this week's Retrosketches 19. Bright and happy colors always make ME feel bright and happy, so that's what I went with.

Add caption


Ups/Rainbows: Spending a fun day shopping (great deals and cute clothes!) and lunch at a fave restaurant with my cousin. Getting up to 1150 yds. in the pool. Family bike ride on my beautiful new bike. Finally having it RAIN in Colorado. Kids making me laugh. Getting named TCPs "Swanky Stamper" for the 2nd time this year. Planning a fun race with friends. My sister getting engaged.


Downs/Thunderstorms: A dear friend's son in the hospital. Not getting published (again). Seeing very little movement on the scale despite working out 4-5x per week, my fitness level being the best it's ever been, eating healthfully, and counting calories religiously. Realizing that my thyroid may be out of whack yet again, since I am also losing a lot of hair, I am very tired, and having other issues that point to that. Having hubby get called in at 4am this morning, and he's still at work as I type this. 2 fires this week near my home, now out, but still scary with this fire season the way it's been.


So, all being what it is, I am trying to count my rainbows, and not my thunderstorms.
Worrying doesn't change or fix anything, and I suppose everything comes in it's own time.
I know that God has a plan for me, and He isn't finished with me yet, either! ;)
I know that I will be ok. I've been through far worse things than a dark spot.
I know that I **don't** have real troubles, like a child with cancer, or a home lost due to fire.
I know that I shouldn't be so hard on myself.
I know that I need to take joy in the moment, and not focus on my disappointments and frustrations.
I will get there, in the meantime, I need to keep counting my rainbows! Have you counted yours today?




When I was a kid, I used to have a little card I carried in my wallet with a poem on it about "God's Rainbow." College came and somewhere along the way I lost my wallet, and lost the card too. But I found this YouTube video that has the words on it, if you'd like to see. 


This card was made with loads of scraps, and the leftover clouds from this card. Supply list at the bottom. Thanks for popping by! I promise to be more "sunshiny" on my next post. :)



hugs, Noelle

supply list: stamps: Inkadinakdo and SU!; punches: EK Success; twine:TCP; buttons: Pebbles; papers:  various scraps




7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

totally love how you used your scraps...love those clouds...beautiful video...

Lynn said...

Noelle, definitely keep counting the rainbows. You are so talented. On submitting, here are my suggestions. Always use your go to style. Don't try to use a style that isn't yours. Submit a lot...I typically submit about 15 cards per submission...and if I get any picked up it is normally only one. The monthly PC editions are really hard. Their special issues like Stamp It or Card Creations are a little bit easier because they take more cards. I hope that helps. Big hugs to you my friend.

Jackie Rockwell said...

So bright and HAPPY—all the patterned paper rays are really fun! So glad you played RetroSketches this week! Hope things get better soon!!! :)

Marlena M. said...

I hear ya about the submissions...and agree about the mental warfares (rainbows vs storms) we struggle with. I love your card...a perfect reflection of your thoughts and heart. God bless you today with sunshine. ;)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh Noelle, you are one of the sweetest people I know, and I also know God has your amazing life in His hands! His rainbows are so full of promises, aren't they? Your card is beautiful, thank you so much for sharing it and using the RetroSketch this week, it's an honor to see it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Noelle your card is so beautiful. I love that quote and I know that it will bring you comfort during such a stressful time. I saw the biggest rainbow the other night that I have ever seen, and I hope the end of it was pointing to your house.

Micupoftea said...

Great sentiment, fun design :)